The Mic Mac Amateur Aquatic Club in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia is seeking applications for the following staff positions, to support its 2020 rowing programs:
- Rowing Program Supervisor / Coach: one position, full-time (30-40 hours / week), May-August 2020, with opportunity to work part-time starting mid-April, and into September-October
- Rowing Coaches: 2-3 positions, full-time (30-40 hours / week) July-August 2020, with opportunity to work part-time starting in June, and into September-October
- Rowing Coaches: multiple positions, part-time (4-30 hours / week), April-October 2020
Staff are responsible for development and safe delivery of Learn to Row, Novice, Recreational, and Competitive programs for all ages. Staff may also have responsibilities related to administration, program promotion, provision of child care services during select program days and times, and equipment and facility maintenance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least one season of on-water rowing experience
- Current Emergency First Aid/CPR certification
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and leadership skills
Candidates over the age of 18 must be able to provide a clear Criminal Records Check.
Preference will be given to applicants actively engaged in National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) training and certification, including Learn to Row Instructor, RCA Coach, and RCA Performance Coach; or equivalent.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume by Sunday, March 15, 2020 to email@example.com. Please include details of your rowing, coaching, and any other leadership experience.
Interviews will be conducted with applicants either in person or by phone between March 16-29, 2020, and will include discussions around availability and preferred volume of hours. Initial offers for positions will be made by Monday, March 30, 2020.